Today, I encountered one of the most awesome and scary events in my whole life. I was coming home from my friend, Dylan and Kendall's house with my other friend, Jake and we saw an antique store, Contessa & Cowboy burn down in ashes. We were just driving up the road until the place burst into flames. I blew my handy-dandy whistle which got everybody's tush outside to see the roaring blaze. I shouted, "Call 911!!!", and everyone did. My dad ended up out side and he ran over to the house, and thought it was a smart idea to kick open the door. Well, he thought wrong, when that happened the house exploded in flames. I was really scared then because I noticed that there were two propane tanks behind the house, and if those exploded, I would melt. Lucky enough, we had six fire trucks called over. Its was amazing how brave and valiant these people are, and how powerful that hose is, Geez! The fire was ablaze for about four hours straight. I felt bad that I could do nothing to help. I thought it could be as simple as calling for more help. The fire finally stopped at about 12:30 in the morning on February 1st, 2014. We all clapped for the firemen's bravery. Luckily nobody was killed or injured in the fire. Seeing a house burn down, is a once in a lifetime opportunity. If you ever see a house burn down, think about what you can do to help, and think about being more brave then you are now.